The main objective of the project is to contribute to the development of cross-border cooperation between the two countries.
The aim of the project is the creation of new infrastructure at the Greek (Evzoni) -North Macedonia border stations (Bogorodica).
The specific objectives of the project are:
– Improving the level of customs services at the Evzoni and Bogorodica border stations
– Introducing automated systems for the service of transit vehicles and travelers and the support of Customs Services
– Strengthening bilateral trade
– Increasing cross-border mobility
– Improving the safety of tourists
– Preventing and combating the smuggling of drugs, weapons and fuel
– Addressing illegal immigration
– More effective supervision and protection of the European Union’s external borders
In particular, the relevant individual actions are aimed at:
I. Transfer of knowledge for Border Crossing Points organization
II. Management of project activities and partners cooperation
III. Dissemination and communication activities on project actions and results
IV. Study of tailor needs of Border Crossing Points modernization and improvement of :
Border Crossing Points modernization and improvement that mainly will include: The installation ANPR cameras, with the respective access control system consisting of vehicle barriers in the Border Crossing Point of Evzoni., CCTV cameras and NVR Equipment, new weight bridge e.t.c.