“We Cross Borders” expected results are:
– Improve the Customs’ Services provided in the Border Crossing Points of Evzoni and Bogorodica.
– Enhance the sense of safety and convenience of passing vehicles and passengers and support Customs Services with the supply of cross cutting automated systems fully operative twenty four hours per day, seven-days per week.
– Improve the working conditions for the Customs’ personnel in both countries.
– Minimize the required time for processing people and goods at the Customs offices.
– Enhance the sense of safety for tourists.
– Eliminate traffic congestion in the Border Crossing Points of Evzoni and Bogorodica.
– Tackle, prevent and combat of illegal trafficking of drugs, cigarettes and products.
– Tackle of illegal immigration.
– Enhance the sense of security for the inhabitants in the borders area.
– Facilitate and promote bilateral trade.
– Better supervision and protection of the European Union’s external borders.
– Increase cross border mobility for people.